populate or perish造句
- After World War II, most Australians agreed that the country must " populate or perish ".
- Hughes made a memorable speech in the portfolio in 1935 in which he argued that " Australia must . . . populate or perish ".
- The launching of a mass migration program in 1946 under the slogan of " populate or perish " eased manpower shortages, and boosted the WA population.
- Since World War II the watchword had been'populate or perish' but by the middle of the 1970s such sentiments could no longer secure support for major projects.
- In July 1945, the Department of Immigration was established as Australia launched a massive Minister for Immigration, Arthur Calwell promoted mass immigration with the slogan " populate or perish ".
- It's difficult to find populate or perish in a sentence. 用populate or perish造句挺难的
- The rise of One Nation has shown all too clearly that much of middle Australia remains unconvinced that the populate or perish maxim still applies as the nation heads toward a new century.
- Following the trauma of Second World War, Australia's vulnerability during the Pacific War and its small population led to policies summarised by the slogan, " populate or perish ".
- Conversely, after the war experience, the Australian government embarked on the'Populate or Perish'program, aimed to increase the population of the country for strategically important economic and military reasons.
- Post WWII in the late 1940s, 1950s and 1960s, Greeks were among one of the main European races picked by the Australian government's " Populate or perish " immigration scheme and due to this, thousands of Greeks migrated to Australia with just one purpose and that was to gain a better life and future for themselves and their families.