- The pygmy hog, formerly " Sus salvanius " is now placed in the monotypic genus " Porcula ".
- The sanctuary was established in 1980 to protect the hispid hare ( " Caprolagus hispidus " ) and pigmy hog ( " Porcula salvania " ).
- This was accepted by world-wide community and the Scientific Name of Pygmy Hog is now " Porcula salvania " instead of " Sus salvanius " ( see New NCBI taxonomy here ).
- The "'pygmy hog "'( " Porcula salvania " ) is a critically endangered suid, previously spread across India, Nepal, and Bhutan, but now only found in Assam.
- In one of his research ( see link here ), Dr Verma and team rediscovered the Pygmy Hog after 100 years and proposed that the original name'Porcula salvania'for the Pygmy hog should be resurrected!
- It's difficult to find porcula in a sentence. 用porcula造句挺难的