- "As expected, " said US coach Gerard Kemkers after he'd watched a matched set of Maple Leaf flags head roofward.
- He passes coach M . L . Carr, who, in response to the Hamilton hollers, looks roofward, rolls his eyes and smiles widely.
- Coach Dennis Erickson, head craned roofward, recalled thinking that the ball was going to stay in the rafters : " It must have been up there eight seconds, " he said.
- And then, with fellow immortals Milt Schmidt, Bucyk, O'Reilly, and Bourque looking on, Neely and his wife Paulina, son Jack, and daughter Ava raised the 8 roofward.
- When the moment finally came, and it seemed like it took forever to arrive, the Atlanta Falcons'defensive end Chuck Smith dropped to his knees at about the 30-yard line, his arms thrust roofward in the Silverdome.
- It's difficult to find roofward in a sentence. 用roofward造句挺难的
- Her Monday night peregrinations included, besides the Bubble Bash, a cocktail reception at Phillips'temporary headquarters in the American Crafts Museum and a dinner for 250 guests afterward at Asia de Cuba, where stalks of green bamboo sprouted roofward from a buffet table, and waiters urged cosmopolitans upon arriving guests.