tonkin gulf resolution造句
- Congress approved these powers in the Tonkin Gulf Resolution.
- On that day 38 years ago a near-unanimous Congress approved the Tonkin Gulf Resolution.
- It was, McNamara wrote in his book, the genesis of what would become the Tonkin Gulf Resolution.
- Exactly as in the case of the Tonkin Gulf Resolution, there has been little public debate or understanding.
- Kazin said the language recalls the 1964 Tonkin Gulf Resolution, which he said " was quite sweeping ."
- It's difficult to find tonkin gulf resolution in a sentence. 用tonkin gulf resolution造句挺难的
- President Johnson said he would not use the Tonkin Gulf Resolution as general authority to make war in Indochina, and then he did.
- That is legal sophistry, reminiscent of Lyndon Johnson's use of the Tonkin Gulf resolution to authorize a disastrous land war in Vietnam.
- *1964 The United States Congress passes the Tonkin Gulf Resolution, authorizing President Lyndon B . Johnson to use conventional military force in Southeast Asia.
- It was that incident that allowed the president to win congressional passage of the Tonkin Gulf Resolution, which he subsequently used as a mandate to prosecute the war.
- It was that incident that allowed the president to win congressional passage of the Tonkin Gulf Resolution, which he then used as a mandate to prosecute the war.
- Cleland compared McCain's measure with the Tonkin Gulf resolution of 1964 that gave the president authority to take " all necessary steps " in Southeast Asia.
- When the Senate approved the Tonkin Gulf Resolution in 1964, giving President Johnson carte blanche for war in Vietnam, only two senators said no : Wayne Morse and Ernest Gruening.
- Just as the Tonkin Gulf Resolution provided a pretext for an American engagement in South Vietnam, the Paris Accords were intended to fulfill a similar role for remaining permanently engaged in Vietnam.
- They were deployed to Southeast Asia in August following the passage of the Tonkin Gulf Resolution, and initially operated out of Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, for missions over southern China.
- Johnson quickly won congressional approval of the " Tonkin Gulf Resolution " authorizing him to " take all necessary measures " to repel attacks on U . S . forces.