音标：[ 'nɔ:ðən ] 发音:用"northern"造句"northern"怎么读
- The northern men were hard to beat .
- Moss affects the northern slopes .
- He is the salesman covering the northern part of the country .
- Such storms spin counterclockwise in the northern hemisphere .
- The frontier ranges from the northern hills to the southern coast .
- There was a delicious spring on the northern side of the point .
- The reference was presumably to the british role in northern ireland .
- In more northern plantations the total range of variation is less .
- The northern armies were to shoulder their way southward by offensive action .
- The currents run at approximately 1. 5 knots along the northern shore .
- situated in or coming from regions of the north; "the northern hemisphere"; "northern autumn colors"
- in or characteristic of a region of the United States north of (approximately) the Mason-Dixon line; "Northern liberals"; "northern industry"; "northern cities"
- coming from the north; used especially of wind; "the north wind doth blow"; "a northern snowstorm"; "the winds are northerly"
- situated in or oriented toward the north; "the northern suburbs"; "going in a northerly direction"