音标：[ peis ] 发音：
过去式: paced 过去分词: paced 名词复数: paces 现在分词: pacing
- The pace of further development is slow .
- Lu xun writes with a leisurely pace .
- She ignores the vital question of pace .
- The runners set off at a blistering pace .
- He's going there tomorrow to show his paces .
- The horse has good pace but no stay .
- With halting steps i paced the streets .
- Each child learns at his or her own pace .
- I can see a sparrow two hundred paces away .
- Are wages keeping pace with inflation ?
- a step in walking or running
- the relative speed of progress or change; "he lived at a fast pace"; "he works at a great rate"; "the pace of events accelerated"
- a unit of length equal to 3 feet; defined as 91.44 centimeters; originally taken to be the average length of a stride
- the distance covered by a step; "he stepped off ten paces from the old tree and began to dig"
同义词：footstep, step, stride,
- the rate of moving (especially walking or running)
- the rate of some repeating event
- measure (distances) by pacing; "step off ten yards"
- regulate or set the pace of; "Pace your efforts"
- walk with slow or fast paces; "He paced up and down the hall"
- go at a pace; "The horse paced"