音标：[ pei ] 发音:
过去式: paid 过去分词: paid 现在分词: paying
- They paid me the princely sum of $ 500 .
- The wage due to him will be paid tomorrow .
- The patriarch paid him a handsome price .
- He paid ＄40 down and ＄20 a month .
- It does n't pay to grow feed crops on such good soil .
- We paid back the loans seven years earlier .
- She let slip that she had not paid her tax .
- I paid my bill and have several pounds over ..
- Have you paid that money to the bank yet ?
- She has spent all her recent pay risen .
- something that remunerates; "wages were paid by check"; "he wasted his pay on drink"; "they saved a quarter of all their earnings"
同义词：wage, earnings, remuneration, salary,
- dedicate; "give thought to"; "give priority to"; "pay attention to"
- bear (a cost or penalty), in recompense for some action; "You''ll pay for this!"; "She had to pay the penalty for speaking out rashly"; "You''ll pay for this opinion later"
- convey, as of a compliment, regards, attention, etc.; bestow; "Don''t pay him any mind"; "give the orders"; "Give him my best regards"; "pay attention"
- give money, usually in exchange for goods or services; "I paid four dollars for this sandwich"; "Pay the waitress, please"
- cancel or discharge a debt; "pay up, please!"
同义词：pay up, ante up,
- discharge or settle; "pay a debt"; "pay an obligation"
- do or give something to somebody in return; "Does she pay you for the work you are doing?"
同义词：pay off, make up, compensate,
- bring in; "interest-bearing accounts"; "How much does this savings certificate pay annually?"
- make a compensation for; "a favor that cannot be paid back"
- render; "pay a visit"; "pay a call"
- be worth it; "It pays to go through the trouble"
- payとは意味：１pay n. 給料, 支払い; 報酬. 【動詞＋】 ◆claim one's pay 支払いを要求する ◆dock sb's pay 人の給料を減らす ◆She doubled his pay. 彼の給料を倍にしてやった ◆draw full pay 俸給全額の支給を受ける draw one's pay 給料をもらう draw pay equal to ￡5,000 a year 年額 5,...