音标：[ pleis ] 发音:
过去式: placed 过去分词: placed 名词复数: places 现在分词: placing
- The wall was marked with damp in several places .
- It was a very aged, ghostly place .
- They've bought zire's place cheaply .
- Mary took the place of helen as an instructor .
- The beach might be the best place to hide .
- Hurry had not badly described the place .
- Keep these things in a separate place .
- My father took his place at the head of the table .
- He tends not to stay in one place for very long .
- She hopes to get a place in the civil service .
- a job in an organization; "he occupied a post in the treasury"
同义词：position, post, berth, office, spot, billet, situation,
- the post or function properly or customarily occupied or served by another; "can you go in my stead?"; "took his place"; "in lieu of"
同义词：stead, position, lieu,
- an abstract mental location; "he has a special place in my thoughts"; "a place in my heart"; "a political system with no place for the less prominent groups"
- a blank area; "write your name in the space provided"
同义词：space, blank space,
- the passage that is being read; "he lost his place on the page"
- an item on a list or in a sequence; "in the second place"; "moved from third to fifth position"
- any area set aside for a particular purpose; "who owns this place?"; "the president was concerned about the property across from the White House"
- where you live at a particular time; "deliver the package to my home"; "he doesn''t have a home to go to"; "your place or mine?"
- a public square with room for pedestrians; "they met at Elm Plaza"; "Grosvenor Place"
- the particular portion of space occupied by something; "he put the lamp back in its place"
- a general vicinity; "He comes from a place near Chicago"
- a space reserved for sitting (as in a theater or on a train or airplane); "he booked their seats in advance"; "he sat in someone else''s place"
- a point located with respect to surface features of some region; "this is a nice place for a picnic"; "a bright spot on a planet"
同义词：topographic point, spot,
- a particular situation; "If you were in my place what would you do?"
- proper or designated social situation; "he overstepped his place"; "the responsibilities of a man in his station"; "married above her station"
- proper or appropriate position or location; "a woman''s place is no longer in the kitchen"
- recognize as being; establish the identity of someone or something; "She identified the man on the ''wanted'' poster"
- assign a rank or rating to; "how would you rank these students?"; "The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
同义词：rate, rank, range, order, grade,
- take a place in a competition; often followed by an ordinal; "Jerry came in third in the Marathon"
同义词：come in, come out,
- estimate; "We put the time of arrival at 8 P.M."
- to arrange for; "place a phone call"; "place a bet"
- sing a note with the correct pitch
- finish second or better in a horse or dog race; "he bet $2 on number six to place"
- assign to a station
同义词：station, post, send,
- intend (something) to move towards a certain goal; "He aimed his fists towards his opponent''s face"; "criticism directed at her superior"; "direct your anger towards others, not towards yourself"
同义词：target, aim, direct, point,
- put into a certain place or abstract location; "Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point"
同义词：put, set, pose, position, lay,
- locate; "The film is set in Africa"
同义词：set, localize, localise,
- make an investment; "Put money into bonds"
同义词：invest, put, commit,
- assign a location to; "The company located some of their agents in Los Angeles"
- place somebody in a particular situation or location; "he was placed on probation"
- assign to (a job or a home)
- identify the location or place of; "We localized the source of the infection"
placing 中文, high place 中文, birth place 中文, place name 中文, place card 中文, market place 中文, place kick 中文, watering place 中文, landing place 中文, placcati 中文, placchetta 中文, placchetti 中文, placci 中文, placco 中文, place (a marketing term 中文, place (or put, lay) an emphasis on 中文, place (put, have) trust in 中文, place a case on file 中文,