音标：[ 'kwɔri ] 发音:用"quarry"造句"quarry"怎么读
- The dogs soon flushed the quarry .
- Even then she was certain the quarry stirred with life .
- The temple of bel-marduk was being used by builders as a quarry .
- The ultimate solution would appear to be transporting it back to the quarry .
- Those who lived in the mountains had mines of gold and quarries of fine marble .
- The true dips are commonly observed in quarry faces, cuttings and cliffs etc .
- An experienced quarry man can identify rift, grain and hardway with his eyes closed .
- The use of wedges is another widely spread method in quarries primarily for the dividing up of loose blocks .
- I've got a good nose-once i'm on the trail, i don't leave it-not till i've pinned down my quarry .
- Workmen cut huge blocks of granite from the walls of a quarry in vermont, a state which contains some of the nation's most extensive deposits of both granite and marble .
- animal hunted or caught for food
- a surface excavation for extracting stone or slate; "a British term for `quarry'' is `stone pit''"
同义词：pit, stone pit,
- a person who is the aim of an attack (especially a victim of ridicule or exploitation) by some hostile person or influence; "he fell prey to muggers"; "everyone was fair game"; "the target of a manhunt"
同义词：prey, target, fair game,
- extract (something such as stones) from or as if from a quarry; "quarry marble"
A quarry is a type of open-pit mine from which rock or minerals are extracted. Quarries are generally used for extracting building materials, such as dimension stone, construction aggregate, riprap, sand, and gravel.