音标：[ ˌri:pri'zent ] 发音:用"represent"造句"represent"怎么读"represent" in a sentence"represent"的同义词
- They represented him as the chief conspirator .
- Dotted arrows represent flow of information .
- Congress represents special interests .
- A galvanic cell is represented by a diagram .
- I am not what you represent me to be .
- Did it represent a clear-cut reality ?
- Surely this represents great progress .
- They represented their grievances to the governor .
- The arrow at the left represents the light source .
- The radius represents the advancement index .
- to establish a mapping (of mathematical elements or sets)
- bring forward and present to the mind; "We presented the arguments to him"; "We cannot represent this knowledge to our formal reason"
同义词：present, lay out,
- point out or draw attention to in protest or remonstrance; "our parents represented to us the need for more caution"
- express indirectly by an image, form, or model; be a symbol; "What does the Statue of Liberty symbolize?"
同义词：typify, symbolize, symbolise, stand for,
- describe or present, usually with respect to a particular quality; "He represented this book as an example of the Russian 19th century novel"
- serve as a means of expressing something; "The flower represents a young girl"
- create an image or likeness of; "The painter represented his wife as a young girl"
- perform (a play), especially on a stage; "we are going to stage `Othello''"
- play a role or part; "Gielgud played Hamlet"; "She wants to act Lady Macbeth, but she is too young for the role"; "She played the servant to her husband''s master"
- be a delegate or spokesperson for; represent somebody''s interest or be a proxy or substitute for, as of politicians and office holders representing their constituents, or of a tenant representing other tenants in a housing dispute; "I represent the silent majority"
- be representative or typical for; "This period is represented by Beethoven"
- be the defense counsel for someone in a trial; "Ms. Smith will represent the defendant"
- form or compose; "This money is my only income"; "The stone wall was the backdrop for the performance"; "These constitute my entire belonging"; "The children made up the chorus"; "This sum represents my entire income for a year"; "These few men comprise his entire army"
同义词：constitute, make up, comprise, be,
- take the place of or be parallel or equivalent to; "Because of the sound changes in the course of history, an ''h'' in Greek stands for an ''s'' in Latin"
同义词：stand for, correspond,
- be characteristic of; "This compositional style is exemplified by this fugue"