At least "bailout" is a better phrase than "handout" which was also being tossed around . “保释”这个词至少比当时到处滥用的“施舍”这个词要好些。
Mrs. roberts gave away loaves of bread and cakes that she baked to folk who she knew were particularly needy . 罗伯茨夫人向她认为特别需要施舍的人发放自制的面包和糕点。
"i broke him, and at last he was forced to come like a beggar and beseech me to give him a passage back to sydney. " 我打垮了他,最后他不得不象个叫花子一样乞求我施舍他一张回悉尼的船票。
Ferrand's vagabond refinement had beguiled him into charity that should have been bestowed on hospitals, or any charitable work but foreign missions . 费朗德浪迹江湖的文雅风度,骗得了他的施舍,而这种施舍原来是应该捐助医院、或者外国教会以外的任何一种慈善事业的。
I gave money of hers to some poor people there 我把她剩下的一点钱施舍给了穷人。
Charity begins at home , but should not end there 施舍先及亲友,但不应限于亲友。
Provision of help or relief to the poor ; almsgiving 向穷人提供帮助或救济;施舍。
I won ' t live on the handouts of other people 我是不会靠别人的施舍过日子的。
" would you mind giving me a little something ? “求求你给我一点施舍好吗? ”
Hey , can you spare some dust so i can get a drink 嘿,能施舍点钱让我买点酒么