- The young girl kissed her grandmother , and left with her handkerchief to her eyes ; at the door she found the valet de chambre , who told her that the doctor was waiting in the dining - room
- Request her also to oblige me by saying whether it is her pleasure to dine with me ; if so , let dinner be served in her apartments . now , leave me , and desire my valet de chambre to come hither .
- " undoubtedly ; - at ten o clock at night his horses took him to the barrier of charenton ; there a post - chaise was waiting for him - he entered it with his valet de chambre , saying that he was going to fontainebleau .
- " it is not that which deterred me , " replied monte cristo ; " but as i determined to have a house to myself , i sent on my valet de chambre , and he ought by this time to have bought the house and furnished it .
“并非为了那个原因我不敢住旅馆， ”基督山答道， “只是我已决心要自己买一所房子，我派我的贴身仆人先来，他这时该买好了房子，而且布置好了。 ”
- He preferred to use the sitting - room upstairs , which was more library than parlor , and was furnished with theological books and parchments , in which he delighted to bury himself for months at a time , according to his valet de chambre
- In europe , yip s engagements have included concerts with the national capitol orchestre de toulouse and the chambre orchestre de besancon in france , warsaw philharmonic in poland , spain s tenerife symphony orchestra and the czech state orchestra of ko ? ice
- " i never joke with bankers , " said monte cristo in a freezing manner , which repelled impertinence ; and he turned to the door , just as the valet de chambre announced , - " m . de boville , receiver - general of the charities .
“我是从来不和银行家开玩笑的， ”基督山用冷冰冰的口气说，他老是用这种态度来止住他人的鲁莽，然后他转向了门口，而在这时，跟班进来通报说： “慈善医院主任波维里先生来到。 ”
- " precisely so , madame ; this man was myself ; for a fortnight i had been at that hotel , during which period i had cured my valet de chambre of a fever , and my landlord of the jaundice , so that i really acquired a reputation as a skilful physician
- In the court showing his merchandise , was a tradesman who had been admitted with the same precautions . the baroness ascended the steps ; she felt herself strongly infected with the sadness which seemed to magnify her own , and still guided by the valet de chambre , who never lost sight of her for an instant , she was introduced to the magistrate s study