- A primary function of the kidney is to remove unwanted substances from the blood .
- The development of mouse kidney tubules requires two kinds of differentiated cells .
- The kidney is the most important organ for elimination of drugs and their metabolites .
- The carbohydrate intake of a diabetic exceeds the capacity of his kidney to excrete sugar .
- A change in blood pressure, or damage by disease, may cause the kidneys to stop working .
- Released kidney lysosomal enzymes may be concerned in the generation of erythropoietin .
- Figure 1-2 shows the organization of blood vessels in a rat kidney injected with silicone rubber .
- The two kidneys with a combined weight of some 300g in man, receive 25% of the cardiac output .
- The term pyelonephritis refers to immediate and residual effects of bacterial infection in the kidney .
- The renal failure must be the result of an internal adjustemnt of the blood flowing through the kidneys .