She appeared to enjoy a bold retort and to be disposed to be gracious . 她看起来喜欢大胆的回答,愿意通情达理。
"yes, you pitiful dastard," retorted the lovely damsel . “是的,你这个卑鄙的胆小鬼,”那位美丽的少女反唇相讥。
The analysts could retort only that the geometric proofs were clumsy and inelegant . 分析学家只能回嘴说几何的证明是笨拙而不优美的。
The analyst could retort only that the geometric proofs were clumsy and inelegant . 分析学家却只能回嘴说几何的证明是笨拙而不优美的。
This and other retorts are of course required for immediate diplomatic purposes . 当然,这种驳词及其它一些驳词出于一时的外交需要可以利用。
"i have no doubt you have a sufficiently good opinion of yourself to bear mine with equanimity," he retorted . “我毫不怀疑,既然你自以为很不错了,你尽可以满不在乎我的看法,”他顶了一句。
"we'd have had a young gentleman to meet you, if we had known you were coming," retorted master kidderminster, nothing abashed . “如果我们早知道你们要来,就会请一位年轻的绅士来接待你们了,”基德敏士特君一点不害臊地回答着。
He retorted that it was my fault as much as his 他反驳说我的错误并不比他的小。
He retort that it is my fault as much as his 他反驳说我的错误并不比他的错误小。
Her insult stung him into making an angry retort 她的侮辱刺激他作愤怒的反驳。