I am sick of london, and of balls, and of young dandies with their chintips, and of the insolent great ladies . 我对伦敦厌恶透了,它那些舞会,那些花花公子。他们的甜言蜜语,以及那些傲慢的高贵夫人。
It is strange: a bold, vindictive, and haughty gentleman seemed somehow in the power of one of the meanest of his dependants . 很奇怪,一个大胆的、爱报复的、傲慢的绅士,不知怎么的,似乎受着他的最低微的仆人的摆布。
He held a brush in his hand, and, with all his airy superiority gone, he brushed potter's new clothes as the latter slowly turned this way and that way . 他手里拿着一把刷子,原先那傲慢的神气全不见了;他替波特刷身上的新衣,波特则缓缓地、时左时右地转动着身子。
We all dislike her for her imperious gesture 因她那傲慢的样子,我们都不喜欢她。
It is hard for a haughty man to swallow his words 要一个傲慢的人认错是很困难的。
Can you believe this uppity negro , sir 你们能相信这个傲慢的黑炭头吗,先生?
Declining requests from others in an arrogant manner 以傲慢的态度拒绝他人的要求。
I don ` t like her at all . she is a stuck - up 我一点也不喜欢她。她是一个很傲慢的人。
An affected , often haughty pose ; affectation 装腔作势做作的且常是傲慢的姿态;虚假
I think he is a cool and arrogant person 我觉得他是不友善、态度傲慢的人。