What at first appears to be an advantage rapidly becomes a disadvantage, and in the end an intolerable burden . 这起初好象还颇有好处,但很快就变为不利了,到头来竟成为难以忍受的负担。
Food processors also have a special knack for raising false hopes in their customers . 食品加工商也有一套特殊的窍门,能在他们的顾客心里唤起某种希望,这种希望到头来只能使顾客上当受骗。
But in the end ambition was the better master, and he agreed to go with me one evening to victor's elegant flat in st. james's place . 可是到头来,仍是雄心占了上风,他同意在一天晚上和我同到圣詹姆士广场维克托那套陈设幽雅的公寓房子去。
He had seen enough of other young men who had dreamed his dream, though perhaps less ardently, and who had gradually sunk into the placid and luxurious routine of their elders . 他看得够了。不少有过和他同样梦想的青年(虽然也许他们的追求不如他热烈吧),到头来都逐渐地陷入了他们的长者所墨守的那种平静和奢华的陈规当中去了。
Chances are you ' ll end up working for one 有可能到头来你会为一个乏味的人工作。
A : have all your years of hard work paid off 你多年来的辛勤工作,到头来值得吗?
Nothing was gained by all the over caution 所有这些谨小慎微,到头来一无所得。
He who begins many things , finishes but few 样样事只有开始,到头来一事无成。
Have all your years of hard work paid off 你多年来的辛勤工作,到头来值得吗?
And by the end , it may not save any time 到头来,这种整洁有序的做法并不节省时间。