I still carried his letter in my pocket, and didn't want to be threatened or teased any more . 我还把他的信搁在口袋里,而且不愿再被吓唬或被揶揄了。
Though they threatened him, persuaded him, bullied him, and stormed at him, he steadfastly refused to speak . 尽管他们威胁他、劝说他、吓唬他,冲他大发雷霆,他始终闭口不言。
The least of the ragged fellows whom he rated and threatened, could have made a fortune by betraying him . 这些被他斥责过,吓唬过的衣衫破烂的家伙们,只要有一个人会出卖他,就可以发一笔大财的。
He sought to obscure his lack of assurance by boisterousness, and his sense of latent inadequacy by occasional bullying . 他老是试图用吵吵嚷嚷的言词来掩饰他的缺乏自信,有时则靠吓唬人来掩饰他的外强中干。
I considered that the devil might have found out abundance of other ways to have terrified me than this of the single print of a foot . 我认为魔鬼除了留下这个孤零零的脚印之外,还可以找出许多其他的办法来吓唬我。
She wanted to go , but he bullied her out of it 她想去,可是他吓唬她不让她去。
To baffle your opponents and cover your tracks 来吓唬你的敌人,掩藏自己的痕迹
To baffle your opponents and cover your tracks 来吓唬你的敌人,掩藏自己的痕迹
Pedro told me to bring it . i was going to scare orson 佩乔要我带着它我要吓唬奥森
I thought the stories were told to frighten children 我以为是用来吓唬小孩的