The narrow road is on a gentle slope which occasionally makes sharp twists . 这条狭路是在一个平缓的斜坡上,它有时曲折得很厉害。
Haig kept me informed of his tortuous discussions with nixon on the subject . 黑格经常向我通报他与尼克松就此问题的曲折磋商情况。
We moved along the sinuous gravel walks, with the great concourse of girls and young men . 我们沿着曲折的石径,随着青年男女汇成的巨流一路走去。
What gives international finance its esoteric twist is the existence of national moneys . 使国际金融具有其奥妙曲折的特点的原因是由于存在着各国货币。
Within half an hour we sailed, and for the next six days we zigzagged our way across the ocean . 上船后半小时,我们就起航了,我们经过六天的曲折航行渡过了大洋。
There were several u-boats reported, which we made zigzags and wide diversions to avoid . 据报告,曾发现几艘德国潜艇,因此,我们曲折前进,并作大迂回,以躲开它们。
An electron beam, forming a scanning spot on the signal plate, zigzags its way, line by line, across the plate . 在信号板上形成扫描点的电子束,逐条地曲折扫过信号板。
Marriage he obliquely commended(in "illusions" )by arguing that even the worst marriages have compensations . 他隐晦曲折地称道婚姻(在《幻影》里),说是最坏的婚姻也能使人受益。
Nearby, along the serpentine, children happily fed ducks which competed for water space with splashing bathers . 附近,沿着曲折蜿蜒的水池,孩子们兴高采烈地向池里的鸭子投食,那些鸭子同凫水的游泳者们竞争着水面。
Grief held steadily along the broom road, which curved and twisted through a lush growth of flowers and fernlike algarrobas . 格里菲顺着蜿蜒曲折的“金雀花”路,信步向前,穿过了一片茂盛的野花和象厥类植物似的角豆树林。