There is nothing stiller in the world than the skeleton of a house in the dawn after a fire . 世界上任何景象也比不上火灾后的黎明所显示的断垣残壁更沉静了。
I don't think any door in the world is more open to the stranger than in the americans . 我认为世界上不管哪里的门户都比不上美国人的门户,对陌生人总是敞开着的。
I don't think any door in the world is more open to the stranger than is the american's . 我认为世界上不管哪里的门户都比不上美国人的门户那样,对陌生人总是敞开着的。
Poets and historians alike are put on the defensive, to be contrasted unfavourably with both awares and unawares . 不管是史家还是诗人,全都黯然无光,连明智派和非明智派都比不上了。
No one in anjou had better hearing or could speak the local dialect more clearly than the wily winegrower . 在安育地区,对当地的土话懂得那么透彻,讲得那么清楚的,谁都比不上这狡狯的葡萄园主。
Howells, perhaps, lived too long for their own good; tranquil old age, however well-earned seemed not to accord with the vigor of their best work . 也许,他和豪威尔斯都不该活那么大的年纪,这反倒对他们不利。平静的晚年,虽说是分内应得,总比不上盛年笔力雄健的作品。
But not nearly as much as what l ' ve done to you 不过也比不上过去我对你做的那些
There is nothing like first - hand evidence 什么也比不上直接取得的证据来得重要。
Well , not as good as your man perfume , but . . 可比不上你的“男用香水”可是. .
Nothing beats doing business with an honest person 什么都比不上跟老实人做生意