The desolateness overcame all his connubial fearshe called loudly for his wife and children . 这种荒凉的感觉压倒了他的一切惧内心理他大声喊他的老婆和孩子。
This was a dreadful time, rendered the more dreadful by the gloom of the weather and the country . 这是一个可怕的时刻,阴郁的气候和荒凉的环境把它衬托得格外可怕。
Instead of being the warm center of the world, the middle west now seemed like the ragged edge of the universe . 中西部不再是世界温暖的中心,而倒象是宇宙的荒凉的边缘。
Its dramatic mountains and barren deserts have spewed forth conquerors who ruled north africa and spain . 在它的崇山峻岭和荒凉的沙漠中曾经涌现出统治北非和西班牙的征服者。
I had reflected then that, whatever scenes of desolation lay ahead of us, i never feared one more brutal than this . 当时我就思忖,不管我们将面临多么荒凉的景色,恐怕再也不会害怕那儿的天气比这里更令人难受的了。
I held the taut line and felt the faint pulsing of the spinner revolving while i looked at the dark november water of the lake and the deserted shore . 我握着那拉紧的线,感觉到转动着的放线机的轻轻抖动,眼睛望那十一月的黯淡的湖水和荒凉的湖岸。
They planted grass seed on the desolate hills 他们在那些荒凉的山丘上撒播草籽。
Luckily the view did not remain so bleak 幸运的是,荒凉的景象并没有一直延续。
We saw few houses in the desolate valley (在这荒凉的山谷里,很少见到房子。 )
We saw few houses in the desolate valley 在这荒凉的山谷里,我们很少见到房子。