Mr. arthur pendennis was an honest, impetuous young fellow then; rather selfish and conceited, perhaps, but honest . 那时的亚瑟潘登尼斯先生是一个正直的、冒失的小伙子,也许有些自私,自以为是,但还是正直的。
. . . that i was dealing with life the same way i am now 我那时的人生观和现在一样
Your arrogance back then was said to be monumental 你那时的傲慢据说是出了名的。
Remember how time used to stretch forever 还记得那时的时间好像漫长得没有尽头吗?
That i was dealing with life the same way i am now 我那时的人生观和现在一样
What kind of dreams are we going to talk about then 那时的我们,将会谈论什么样的梦?
I have cast up the years of her age , year after year 我一年又一年地设想她那时的样子。
We know now , what a struggle you made of old 我们现在才明白了你那时的斗争有多么痛苦。
I still remember the sun always warm on my back 我仍然都记得那时的太阳始终温暖我的背。
Michael : can you tell me more about that experience 迈克尔:能多给我讲讲那时的经历吗?