音标：[ 'sɔlid ] 发音:
- He got up onto some solid object .
- The foundation becomes solid after tamping .
- The solid decomposed rapidly with blackening .
- A iron bar is solid , a pipe is hollow .
- The miners were solid on this issue .
- There was a solid vote in favor of the proposal .
- When water becomes solid we call it ice .
- The baby is not yet taking solid foods .
- We may normally think of iron as a solid .
- Diamond is a third form of solid carbon .
- of definite shape and volume; firm; neither liquid nor gaseous; "ice is water in the solid state"
- entirely of one substance with no holes inside; "a solid block of wood"
- uninterrupted in space; having no gaps or breaks; "a solid line across the page"; "solid sheets of water"
- impenetrable for the eye; "solid blackness"
- having three dimensions; "a solid object"
- acting together as a single undiversified whole; "a solid voting bloc"
- characterized by good substantial quality; "solid comfort"; "a solid base hit"
- not soft or yielding to pressure; "a firm mattress"; "the snow was firm underfoot"; "solid ground"
- of one substance or character throughout; "solid gold"; "carved out of solid rock"
- of the same color throughout; "solid color"
- meriting respect or esteem; "an upstanding member of the community"
- of a substantial character and not frivolous or superficial; "work of solid scholarship"; "based on solid facts"
- financially sound; "the bank is solid and will survive this attack"
- of good quality and condition; solidly built; "a solid foundation"; "several substantial timber buildings"
- providing abundant nourishment; "a hearty meal"; "good solid food"; "ate a substantial breakfast"; "four square meals a day"
同义词：hearty, satisfying, square, substantial,
- a three-dimensional shape
- the state in which a substance has no tendency to flow under moderate stress; resists forces (such as compression) that tend to deform it; and retains a definite size and shape
同义词：solidness, solid state,
- matter that is solid at room temperature and pressure
Solid is one of the four fundamental states of matter (the others being liquid, gas, and plasma). It is characterized by structural rigidity and resistance to changes of shape or volume.