音标：[ spin ] 发音:
过去式: spun 过去分词: spun 名词复数: spins 现在分词: spinning
- The earth seemed to spin beneath his feet .
- I have been in a real spin all morning .
- Again i spun the lighter with my thumb .
- The lorry went into a spin on a patch of ice .
- The turbine is spun by the high-pressure gases .
- The silkworms have gone into the bushes to spin their cocoons .
- See the honeymoon spinning .
- After a while, we are once more spun around .
- Couldn't we just spin the wheel ?
- There goes the last of our spinning reserve .
- a distinctive interpretation (especially as used by politicians to sway public opinion); "the campaign put a favorable spin on the story"
- rapid descent of an aircraft in a steep spiral
- a short drive in a car; "he took the new car for a spin"
- the act of rotating rapidly; "he gave the crank a spin"; "it broke off after much twisting"
同义词：twirl, twist, twisting, whirl,
- a swift whirling motion (usually of a missile)
- prolong or extend; "spin out a visit"
- twist and turn so as to give an intended interpretation; "The President''s spokesmen had to spin the story to make it less embarrassing"
- work natural fibers into a thread; "spin silk"
- form a web by making a thread; "spiders spin a fine web"
- make up a story; "spin a yarn"
- revolve quickly and repeatedly around one''s own axis; "The dervishes whirl around and around without getting dizzy"
同义词：spin around, whirl, reel, gyrate,
- cause to spin; "spin a coin"
同义词：whirl, birl, twirl,
- stream in jets, of liquids; "The creek spun its course through the woods"