- Lennie stared hopelessly at his hands .
- He coloured a little, stared at her .
- Some people were staring gloomily about .
- He sat staring blankly out at the window .
- Pete stared gloomily at the screen .
- Shelton stared at the youth's hand .
- I stared at him in complete disbelief .
- He bounced up and stared at me wild .
- When i told my story he stared at me .
- He stared at her in the most flagrant manner .
- without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative) intensifiers; "an arrant fool"; "a complete coward"; "a consummate fool"; "a double-dyed villain"; "gross negligence"; "a perfect idiot"; "pure folly"; "what a sodding mess"; "stark staring mad"; "a thoroughgoing villain"; "utter nonsense"; "the unadulterated truth"
同义词：arrant, complete, consummate, double-dyed, everlasting, gross, perfect, pure, sodding, stark, thoroughgoing, utter, unadulterated,
- (used of eyes) open and fixed as if in fear or wonder; "staring eyes"
Staring is a prolonged gaze or fixed look. In staring, one object or person is the continual focus of visual interest, for an amount of time.