音标：[ sti:l ] 发音:
过去式: steeled 过去分词: steeled 名词复数: steels 现在分词: steeling
- The brass plate must be adherent to the steel .
- Certain types of steel don't bore well .
- A heavy steel rolling mill is being built .
- The weight of this steel plate is one ton .
- She had to steel her heart against pity .
- A steel railway bridge spans the yalu river .
- The towers are surfaced with steel plates .
- Steel structures performed reasonably well .
- His eyes were as hard as chilled steel .
- Press car bodies out of sheets of steel .
- knife sharpener consisting of a ridged steel rod
- a cutting or thrusting weapon that has a long metal blade and a hilt with a hand guard
同义词：sword, blade, brand,
- an alloy of iron with small amounts of carbon; widely used in construction; mechanical properties can be varied over a wide range
- cover, plate, or edge with steel
- get ready for something difficult or unpleasant
Steel is an alloy of iron and other elements, principally carbon. When carbon is the primary alloying element, its content in the steel is between 0.