音标：[ 'tenʃən ] 发音:
过去式: tensioned 过去分词: tensioned 名词复数: tensions 现在分词: tensioning
- We see that this implies tension in bars 1 and 3 .
- Only moderate deal load tensions are necessary .
- Can you feel the tension in this room ?
- A positive-stress component means tension .
- The tension in the room had lessened .
- The bar is said to be in tension .
- Wind and rain added to the tension among the children .
- Tension built up as the crisis approached .
- The tension gripped my insides .
- The tension between us has eased off a little .
- the action of stretching something tight; "tension holds the belt in the pulleys"
- (physics) a stress that produces an elongation of an elastic physical body; "the direction of maximum tension moves asymptotically toward the direction of the shear"
- feelings of hostility that are not manifest; "he could sense her latent hostility to him"; "the diplomats'' first concern was to reduce international tensions"
- a balance between and interplay of opposing elements or tendencies (especially in art or literature); "there is a tension created between narrative time and movie time"; "there is a tension between these approaches to understanding history"
- (psychology) a state of mental or emotional strain or suspense; "he suffered from fatigue and emotional tension"; "stress is a vasoconstrictor"
- the physical condition of being stretched or strained; "it places great tension on the leg muscles"; "he could feel the tenseness of her body"
同义词：tensity, tenseness, tautness,
- tensionとは意味：tension n. 緊張. 【動詞＋】 ◆alleviate tensions in this area この地域での緊張を緩和する ◆avoid worry, tension, and fatigue 心配, 緊張, 疲労を避ける ◆I cannot bear the tension. その緊張に堪えられない ◆The laughter broke the tension. その笑い声で緊張が...