音标：[ ʌp'həuld ] 发音:
过去式: upheld 过去分词: upheld 现在分词: upholding
- He proffered to uphold justice .
- Those truant birds upheld the name of england abroad .
- Yuan shih-kai once promised to uphold republican principles .
- Roman republican law upheld a humanistic view of marriage .
- The chairman's ruling was upheld by 25 votes to 21, with 2 abstentions .
- I will not imperil my soul. i will uphold the justice of the church .
- I didn't know whether dr. slipyan's findings would uphold our philosophy or not .
- The "non-law" state was upheld by him as the highest and most perfect type of government .
- The brahmins, in writing and in person, upheld a polite america to europeans .
- One of the best way to induce someone to engage himself on your behalf is to give him a reputation to uphold .
- stand up for; stick up for; of causes, principles, or ideals
- support against an opponent; "The appellate court upheld the verdict"
- keep or maintain in unaltered condition; cause to remain or last; "preserve the peace in the family"; "continue the family tradition"; "Carry on the old traditions"
同义词：continue, carry on, bear on, preserve,