音标：[ wɔ:l ] 发音:
过去式: walled 过去分词: walled 名词复数: walls 现在分词: walling
- The wall was marked with damp in several places .
- The wind packed the snow against the wall .
- We made the circuit of the old city walls .
- The paper was beginning to peel off the walls .
- The cream-coloured walls glowed with light .
- They have pasted up a notice on the wall .
- A shell splinter embedded itself in the wall .
- Nor were the walls covered with honeysuckles .
- Some ancient towns have walls round them .
- Ivy ran over the walls of the cottage .
- an embankment built around a space for defensive purposes; "they stormed the ramparts of the city"; "they blew the trumpet and the walls came tumbling down"
- an architectural partition with a height and length greater than its thickness; used to divide or enclose an area or to support another structure; "the south wall had a small window"; "the walls were covered with pictures"
- a masonry fence (as around an estate or garden); "the wall followed the road"; "he ducked behind the garden wall and waited"
- a layer of material that encloses space; "the walls of the cylinder were perforated"; "the container''s walls were blue"
- (anatomy) a layer (a lining or membrane) that encloses a structure; "stomach walls"
- anything that suggests a wall in structure or function or effect; "a wall of water"; "a wall of smoke"; "a wall of prejudice"; "negotiations ran into a brick wall"
- a vertical (or almost vertical) smooth rock face (as of a cave or mountain)
- a difficult or awkward situation; "his back was to the wall"; "competition was pushing them to the wall"
- surround with a wall in order to fortify
同义词：palisade, fence, fence in, surround,
- wallとは意味：１wall n. 壁, へい; 城壁. 【動詞＋】 ◆The walls are broken by niches containing vases with flowers. 壁にくぼみがあってそこに花をさした花びんが置いてある ◆break down the walls between people 人々の間の壁を打破する ◆build a wall several feet thick 数フ...
A wall (from Old English weall) is a vertical structure, usually solid, that defines and sometimes protects an area. Most commonly, a wall delineates a building and supports its superstructure, separates space in buildings into sections, or protects or delineates a space in the open air.