音标：[ 'witnis ] 发音:
过去式: witnessed 过去分词: witnessed 名词复数: witnesses 现在分词: witnessing
- I gladly bear witness to his good character .
- Will the next witness please take the stand ?
- The statements of the two witnesses conflict .
- He sailed into the witness , accusing him of lying .
- His incompetence was painful to witness .
- There was good reason to discredit the witness .
- None could witness that he was present .
- In my submission , the witness is lying .
- The witness said he never thought of it .
- He made a very poor witness for himself .
- testimony by word or deed to your religious faith
- a close observer; someone who looks at something (such as an exhibition of some kind); "the spectators applauded the performance"; "television viewers"; "sky watchers discovered a new star"
同义词：spectator, viewer, watcher, looker,
- someone who sees an event and reports what happened
- (law) a person who attests to the genuineness of a document or signature by adding their own signature
同义词：attestant, attestor, attestator,
- (law) a person who testifies under oath in a court of law
- be a witness to; "She witnessed the accident and had to testify in court"
- perceive or be contemporaneous with; "We found Republicans winning the offices"; "You''ll see a lot of cheating in this school"; "The 1960''s saw the rebellion of the younger generation against established traditions"; "I want to see results"
- witnessとは意味：１witness n. 目撃者, 証人; 連署人, 立会人; 証拠, 証言. 【動詞＋】 ◆ask a witness a leading question 証人に誘導尋問をする ◆I can bear witness to the truth of her statement. 彼女の陳述が真実であることを証言できます I can bear witness from my own observ...
A witness is someone who has, who claims to have, or is thought, by someone with authority to compel testimony, to have knowledge relevant to an event or other matter of interest. In law a witness is someone who, either voluntarily or under compulsion, provides testimonial evidence, either oral or written, of what he or she knows or claims to know about the matter before some official authorized to take such testimony.