- Not useful for dating, the abdominal circumference of the fetus may also be measured.
- Ghroubi et al . ( 2007 ) concluded that a high abdominal circumference is associated with great functional repercussion.
- In the second trimester, doctors measure abdominal circumference, and check the chambers of the heart, the kidneys and bladder to spot defects and monitor growth.
- Ghroubi et al . ( 2007 ) examined whether abdominal circumference is a more reliable indicator than BMI of the presence of knee osteoarthritis in obese patients.
- However increase in abdominal circumference may be due to increasing in subcutaneous or visceral fat, and it is the visceral fat which increases the risk of coronary diseases.
- Beginning in late August 2013, if an Airman fails the abdominal circumference portion of the test, and passes each of the other three components, that Airman will be measured using the Body Mass Index ( BMI ) taping guidance in Department of Defense instructions.
- Scientific leader of the project " Endoscopic and histological alterations of the distal esophageal mucosa in patients with gastroesophageal reflux symptoms in relation to the presence of Helicobacter pylori, the body mass index, and the abdominal circumference . prospective randomized study " Fondazione IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milano 2008 duration 36 months.
- A 2012 systematic review studying the effects of low-carbohydrate diet on weight loss and cardiovascular risk factors showed the LCD to be associated with significant decreases in body weight, body mass index, abdominal circumference, blood pressure, triglycerides, fasting blood sugar, blood insulin and plasma C-reactive protein, as well as an increase in high-density lipoprotein cholesterol ( HDL ).
- It's difficult to see abdominal circumference in a sentence. 用abdominal circumference造句挺难的