- In 271 Aurelian increased the average weight of the Antoninianus.
- During the 3rd century AD, the antoninianus was minted in quantity.
- This in effect made the antoninianus equal to about 1.5 " denarii ."
- This period was also when the enigmatic'XXI'was first marked on the reverse of the Antoninianus.
- In 215 Caracalla introduced the " antoninianus ", a coin intended to serve as a double denarius.
- Insufficient resources plagued the state, as a great deal of silver was used for the antoninianus, which was again diluted.
- The coin is commonly called the antoninianus by numismatists after the emperor Caracalla, who introduced the coin in early in 215.
- Many sestertii were withdrawn by the state and by forgers, to melt down to make the debased Antoninianus, which made inflation worse.
- Each new issue of the Antoninianus thus had less silver in it than the last, and each contributed to ever-increasing inflation.
- Although nominally valued at two denarii, the antoninianus never contained more than 1.6 times the amount of silver of the denarius.
- It's difficult to see antoninianus in a sentence. 用antoninianus造句挺难的
- The emperor issued a legionary " antoninianus " celebrating the legion, and showing the legion's lion ( 259 260 ).
- A second antoninianus has been published in 1996, bearing the shortened legend MARTI PROPVGT ( " To Mars the defender " ).
- The denarius continued to be the main coin of the Roman Empire until it was replaced by the antoninianus in the middle of the third century.
- By the 260s and 270s the main unit was the double-denarius, the Antoninianus, but by then these small coins were almost all bronze.
- Aequitas on the reverse of this " antoninianus " struck under Claudius II . The goddess is holding her symbols, the balance and the cornucopia.
- The double sestertius was distinguished from the sestertius by the radiate crown worn by the emperor, a device used to distinguish the dupondius from the as and the Antoninianus from the denarius.
- Financial difficulties had forced him to debase the Antoninianus, as rioting began to occur in Egypt, causing disruptions to Rome s wheat supply and further eroding Philip s support in the capital.
- The "'Antoninianus "'was a coin used during the Roman Empire thought to have been valued at 2 emperor's wife ), featured the bust resting upon a crescent moon.
- Silbannacus had been known only from a single coin, an antoninianus reputedly found in Eutropius ( ix . 4 ) reports of a " bellum civile " suppressed in Gaul during this emperor rule.
- The antoninianus was eventually debased to the point where flans ( blank metal disks ) were produced with 5 % silver or less, and pickled to dissolve the copper from the surface producing a spongy surface of almost pure silver.
- 更多造句： 1 2
如何用antoninianus造句，用antoninianus造句，antoninianus in a sentence, 用antoninianus造句和antoninianus的例句由查查汉语词典提供，版权所有违者必究。