- Wednesday's protest and the president's reaction have put an effective halt to questions about the elections.
- They also expect Israel to announce an effective halt to the housing project at Har Homa.
- Arafat angrily rejected the offer, and the entire negotiating process ground to an effective halt soon after.
- Such a strike could have meant an effective halt to the sale of gasoline, kerosine and cooking gas to the general public.
- However, the Reformation brought an effective halt to church-building in England which continued in most parts of the country until the 19th century.
- The commission's investigation ground to an effective halt last month after it summoned the commander of the powerful rural police force known as the Gendarmerie.
- In response, the head of a U . N . team announced that inspectors of all nationalities would be flown from Iraq on Friday, bringing an effective halt to a weapons inspection effort that has been at the center of the U . N . mission in Iraq for nearly seven years.
- It's difficult to see effective halt in a sentence. 用effective halt造句挺难的