- Her eyes looked at me searchingly in the face .
- She sat down, glanced searchingly at miss baker and then at me .
- When i became aware of this right-about-turn, i was indignant and questioned searchingly the officers concerned .
- Martin looked at him searchingly for a moment , then cried : -
- He looked at her curiously , searchingly , and she hung her head a little guiltily
- Are you really happy with him , ' asked her mother , gazing at vera searchingly
- She withdrew herself from his arms , sat upright , and looked at him long and searchingly
- Yes , i belong to the brotherhood of the freemasons , said the stranger , looking now more searchingly into pierres eyes
- He heard her voice as from far off , for he was debating whether he would read her the " sea lyrics . " he lay in dull despair , while she watched him searchingly , pondering again upon unsummoned and wayward thoughts of marriage
- Thus engaged , he appeared , sitting in his own recess , quiet and absorbed enough ; but that blue eye of his had a habit of leaving the outlandish - looking grammar , and wandering over , and sometimes fixing upon us , his fellow - students , with a curious intensity of observation : if caught , it would be instantly withdrawn ; yet ever and anon , it returned searchingly to our table
- It's difficult to see searchingly in a sentence. 用searchingly造句挺难的