- This produces a muscular actions of peristalsis and segmentation contractions.
- Segmentation contractions are the contractions in intestines carried out by the smooth muscle walls.
- Segmentation contractions act to mix and move the chyme more slowly in the small intestine allowing more time for absorption ( and these continue in the large intestine ).
- While peristalsis involves one-way motion in the caudal direction, segmentation contractions move chyme in both directions, which allows greater mixing with the secretions of the intestines.
- Unlike peristalsis, which predominates in the esophagus, "'segmentation contractions "'occur in the large intestine and small intestine, while predominating in the latter.
- It's difficult to see segmentation contraction in a sentence. 用segmentation contraction造句挺难的