- As with a straight oil finish, you don't want to hurry.
- The virtue is that it combines the increased protection of varnish with the ease of application of a straight oil finish.
- Straight oil is then applied moderately to adhere to the surface and provide a good base for the thick gloss layers.
- His favourite medium was watercolours, but over time he used this less, in favour of oil acrylics, which he preferred to straight oils.
- Lenz s painting technique is quite traditional; straight oil paint is applied using small round sable brushes over a primed and warmly tinted linen canvas.
- She wanted to hear'bout the old days, said it was for her own personal self, and I told it to her like it was, gave her straight oil from the can ."
- With less oil ( boiled linseed oil, generally ), the mix will penetrate the wood better, and is unlikely to stay sticky, as straight oil will do unless it is thoroughly wiped off.
- They provide more protection than a straight oil finish, and we've had pieces finished this way for years and they show no signs of needing a renewal, the way a plain linseed-or tung-based oil finish will.