音标：[ ˌædæp'teiʃən ] 发音:
- Facial painting is an adaptation of the mask .
- In their borrowing there was much adaptation .
- This process is known as adaptation .
- That is the basis of adaptation .
- The adaptation to the other components is straightforward .
- Scottish adaptation was made about a century later .
- We must better understand the adaptation of plants to their environment .
- Special adaptations are represented by the ballistic devices of the autochors .
- One of the most striking phenomena of vision is the dark adaptation of the eye .
- He depended for his success more upon the powers of invention than of adaptation .
- (physiology) the responsive adjustment of a sense organ (as the eye) to varying conditions (as of light)
- a written work (as a novel) that has been recast in a new form; "the play is an adaptation of a short novel"
- the process of adapting to something (such as environmental conditions)
- adaptationとは意味：adaptation n. 適応; 改作, 翻案, 脚色. 【動詞＋】 ◆He made a film adaptation of War and Peace. ?戦争と平和?の映画版を作った ◆I found it difficult to make the adaptation to the Italian way of life. イタリアの生活様式に適応するのは難しいと知った ◆The n...
An adaptation in biology is a trait with a current functional role in the life history of an organism that is maintained and evolved by means of natural selection. An adaptation refers to both the current state of being adapted and to the dynamic evolutionary process that leads to the adaptation.