- 更多例句： 下一页
- Facial painting is an adaptation of the mask .
- In their borrowing there was much adaptation .
- This process is known as adaptation .
- That is the basis of adaptation .
- The adaptation to the other components is straightforward .
- (physiology) the responsive adjustment of a sense organ (as the eye) to varying conditions (as of light)
- a written work (as a novel) that has been recast in a new form; "the play is an adaptation of a short novel"
- the process of adapting to something (such as environmental conditions)
An adaptation in biology is a trait with a current functional role in the life history of an organism that is maintained and evolved by means of natural selection. An adaptation refers to both the current state of being adapted and to the dynamic evolutionary process that leads to the adaptation.