音标：[ dis'kripʃən ] 发音：
- All descriptions are necessarily selective .
- The park is beautiful beyond description .
- She thought such descriptions weak .
- The description of the goods matches the credit .
- Her beauty surpasses all description .
- Description of a key needs dependability .
- They sell books of every description .
- Her description of the area is full of color .
- The idea was unworthy of you beyond description .
- A semiclassical description is possible .
- sort or variety; "every description of book was there"
- a statement that represents something in words
- the act of describing something
Description is one of four rhetorical modes (also known as modes of discourse), along with exposition, argumentation, and narration. Each of the rhetorical modes is present in a variety of forms and each has its own purpose and conventions.