- Reductant from an extraneous source is introduced .
- An extraneous element is being introduced into the case .
- Extraneous factors can intervene and cause the shelving of advertising campaigns .
- To screen out extraneous thoughts, he closed his eyes and drew a deep breath .
- The aforesaid total absence of conversation allowed every extraneous sound to be heard .
- Because of the extraneous and uncontrolled factors, those may affect the dependent variable .
- For reasons extraneous to our foreign policy we were losing the ability to make our fundamental point .
- There is a greater appreciation of the message which is heard without the influence of extraneous sounds .
- We next come to the extremely arduous task of determining and eliminating the extraneous reading produced by misalignment .
- Risks of breakage are classified under extraneous risks
- coming from the outside; "extraneous light in the camera spoiled the photograph"; "relying upon an extraneous income"; "disdaining outside pressure groups"
- not essential; "the ballet struck me as extraneous and somewhat out of keeping with the rest of the play"
- not pertinent to the matter under consideration; "an issue extraneous to the debate"; "the price was immaterial"; "mentioned several impertinent facts before finally coming to the point"
同义词：immaterial, impertinent, orthogonal,
- not belonging to that in which it is contained; introduced from an outside source; "water free of extraneous matter"; "foreign particles in milk"