音标：[ 'feibl ] 发音：
过去式: fabled 过去分词: fabled 名词复数: fables 现在分词: fabling
- He had some motive in telling this fable .
- The fable is given on the next page .
- Tell them the fable about the fox and the grapes .
- We could not decide if it was fact or fable .
- We may take the story of job for a history or a fable .
- Great satire needs the sustenance of great fable .
- Little mexican boys also breathe the american fables .
- Such walls as in time may linger as a mere fable .
- But fables and legends and aspirations have a hold on the human mind .
- About a hundred years ago a few fable efforts were made on behalf of the left-handers .
Fable is a literary genre. A fable is a succinct fictional story, in prose or verse, that features animals, mythical creatures, plants, inanimate objects or forces of nature which are anthropomorphized (given human qualities such as verbal communication), and that illustrates or leads to an interpretation of a moral lesson (a "moral"), which may at the end be added explicitly in a pithy maxim.