1.〔英国〕郡〔与专有名词连用时用 shire.例：Yorkshire ＝ the county of York〕。
- 更多例句： 上一页 下一页
- The criminal has been sent to the county seat under guard .
- In that year county after county fell to the enemy .
- Ours is a small county .
- Administratively , the country is divided into counties .
- The jinggang mountains stand where the boundaries of four counties meet .
- (United Kingdom) a region created by territorial division for the purpose of local government; "the county has a population of 12,345 people"
- (United States) the largest administrative district within a state; "the county plans to build a new road"
A county is a geographical region of a country used for administrative or other purposes The Chambers Dictionary, L. Brookes (ed.