- 更多例句： 下一页
- He did not answer for fear of hurting her .
- He awaited her answer with impatience .
- He answered the call of duty and enlisted in the army .
- It was too frivolous for her to answer .
- The pupil's answer was right on the beam .
- a nonverbal reaction; "his answer to any problem was to get drunk"; "their answer was to sue me"
- the principal pleading by the defendant in response to plaintiff''s complaint; in criminal law it consists of the defendant''s plea of `guilty'' or `not guilty'' (or nolo contendere); in civil law it must contain denials of all allegations in the plaintiff''s complaint that the defendant hopes to controvert and it can contain affirmative defenses or counterclaims
- a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem; "they were trying to find a peaceful solution"; "the answers were in the back of the book"; "he computed the result to four decimal places"
同义词：solution, result, resolution, solvent
- a statement (either spoken or written) that is made to reply to a question or request or criticism or accusation; "I waited several days for his answer"; "he wrote replies to several of his critics"
- the speech act of replying to a question
- understand the meaning of; "The question concerning the meaning of life cannot be answered"
- give the correct answer or solution to; "answer a question"; "answer the riddle"
- react to a stimulus or command; "The steering of my new car answers to the slightest touch"
- respond to a signal; "answer the door"; "answer the telephone"
- give a defence or refutation of (a charge) or in (an argument); "The defendant answered to all the charges of the prosecution"
- react verbally; "She didn''t want to answer"; "answer the question"; "We answered that we would accept the invitation"
- be satisfactory for; meet the requirements of or serve the purpose of; "This may answer her needs"
- match or correspond; "The drawing of the suspect answers to the description the victim gave"
- be sufficient; be adequate, either in quality or quantity; "A few words would answer"; "This car suits my purpose well"; "Will $100 do?"; "A ''B'' grade doesn''t suffice to get me into medical school"; "Nothing else will serve"
同义词：suffice, do, serve
- be liable or accountable; "She must answer for her actions"
Generally, an answer is a reply to a question or is a solution, a retaliation, or a response that is relevant to the said question.