- Fission bombs use highly enriched fuel .
- He reached up and placed the bomb there .
- Terrorists bombed several police stations .
- The bombing attack struck fear into their hearts ...
- He didn't know that the atom bomb would work .
- an explosive device fused to explode under specific conditions
- strong sealed vessel for measuring heat of combustion
- an event that fails badly or is totally ineffectual; "the first experiment was a real turkey"; "the meeting was a dud as far as new business was concerned"
A bomb is any of a range of explosive weapons that only rely on the exothermic reaction of an explosive material to provide an extremely sudden and violent release of energy (an explosive device). Detonations inflict damage principally through ground- and atmosphere-transmitted mechanical stress, the impact and penetration of pressure-driven projectiles, pressure damage, and explosion-generated effects.