1.失败，不及格 (opp. succeed, pass)； (判断)错误，不中目标。
2.〔与 of 或不定式连用〕不能，不(做)，忘记。
3.(分量)不足，缺乏 (in); (作物)歉收。
- 更多例句： 下一页
- The reason why he failed was his laziness .
- When hard tactics failed , soft methods were used .
- He failed like so many before him .
- Tom failed but his sister got through .
- His courage failed him at the last moment .
- get worse; "Her health is declining"
- stop operating or functioning; "The engine finally went"; "The car died on the road"; "The bus we travelled in broke down on the way to town"; "The coffee maker broke"; "The engine failed on the way to town"; "her eyesight went after the accident"
同义词：go bad, give way, die, give out, conk out, go, break, break down
- prove insufficient; "The water supply for the town failed after a long drought"
同义词：run out, give out
- disappoint, prove undependable to; abandon, forsake; "His sense of smell failed him this time"; "His strength finally failed him"; "His children failed him in the crisis"
- become bankrupt or insolvent; fail financially and close; "The toy company went bankrupt after the competition hired cheap Mexican labor"; "A number of banks failed that year"
- fall short in what is expected; "She failed in her obligations as a good daughter-in-law"; "We must not fail his obligation to the victims of the Holocaust"
- fail to get a passing grade; "She studied hard but failed nevertheless"; "Did I fail the test?"
同义词：flunk, bomb, flush it
- judge unacceptable; "The teacher failed six students"
- be unsuccessful; "Where do today''s public schools fail?"; "The attempt to rescue the hostages failed miserably"
同义词：go wrong, miscarry
- fail to do something; leave something undone; "She failed to notice that her child was no longer in his crib"; "The secretary failed to call the customer and the company lost the account"
- be unable; "I fail to understand your motives"