- Once again i breathed as a free man .
- Both boys were breathing very heavily .
- You'd have to pay to breathe that stuff .
- I stood at the curb trying to breathe .
- She could hear his heavy breathing .
- the bodily process of inhalation and exhalation; the process of taking in oxygen from inhaled air and releasing carbon dioxide by exhalation
同义词：external respiration, respiration, ventilation
Breathing is the process that moves air in and out of the lungs. Aerobic organisms of these types?such as birds, mammals, and reptiles?require oxygen to release energy via respiration, in the form of the metabolism of energy-rich molecules such as glucose.