[ deθ ]发音: 用"death"造句
- be death on: 擅长..., 是...的能手 酷爱. ...
- be in at the death: (打猎时)亲眼见到猎物被咬死; 亲见 ...
- be the death of: 把人笑死(常指笑话) 害死某人, 伤 ...
- That motorbike will be the death of you .
- Indeed , i nearly drank myself to death .
- He was badly cut up by the death of his son .
- The farm came to him on his father 's death .
- We found him in the agonies of death .
- the act of killing; "he had two deaths on his conscience"
- the event of dying or departure from life; "her death came as a terrible shock"; "upon your decease the capital will pass to your grandchildren"
- the permanent end of all life functions in an organism or part of an organism; "the animal died a painful death"
- the absence of life or state of being dead; "he seemed more content in death than he had ever been in life"
- a final state; "he came to a bad end"; "the so-called glorious experiment came to an inglorious end"
- the time at which life ends; continuing until dead; "she stayed until his death"; "a struggle to the last"
- the time when something ends; "it was the death of all his plans"; "a dying of old hopes"
Death is the permanent cessation of all biological functions that sustain a living organism. Phenomena which commonly bring about death include biological aging (senescence), predation, malnutrition, disease, suicide, murder and accidents or trauma resulting in terminal injury.