- 更多例句： 下一页
- There is a shop at the end of this lane .
- Cheer up. it'll all come right in the end .
- Double-dealers will come to no good end .
- In the end she will understand his feelings .
- He took lodgings in the east end of london .
- (American football) a position on the line of scrimmage; "no one wanted to play end"
- the part you are expected to play; "he held up his end"
- a piece of cloth that is left over after the rest has been used or sold
同义词：remainder, remnant, oddment
- a final part or section; "we have given it at the end of the section since it involves the calculus"; "Start at the beginning and go on until you come to the end"
- the state of affairs that a plan is intended to achieve and that (when achieved) terminates behavior intended to achieve it; "the ends justify the means"
- the last section of a communication; "in conclusion I want to say..."
同义词：conclusion, close, closing, ending
- the concluding parts of an event or occurrence; "the end was exciting"; "I had to miss the last of the movie"
同义词：last, final stage
- a boundary marking the extremities of something; "the end of town"
- either extremity of something that has length; "the end of the pier"; "she knotted the end of the thread"; "they rode to the end of the line"; "the terminals of the anterior arches of the fornix"
- the surface at either extremity of a three-dimensional object; "one end of the box was marked `This side up''"
- one of two places from which people are communicating to each other; "the phone rang at the other end"; "both ends wrote at the same time"
- (football) the person who plays at one end of the line of scrimmage; "the end managed to hold onto the pass"
- a final state; "he came to a bad end"; "the so-called glorious experiment came to an inglorious end"
- the point in time at which something ends; "the end of the year"; "the ending of warranty period"
- bring to an end or halt; "She ended their friendship when she found out that he had once been convicted of a crime"; "The attack on Poland terminated the relatively peaceful period after WW I"
- put an end to; "The terrible news ended our hopes that he had survived"
- have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical; "the bronchioles terminate in a capillary bed"; "Your rights stop where you infringe upon the rights of other"; "My property ends by the bushes"; "The symphony ends in a pianissimo"
同义词：stop, finish, terminate, cease
- be the end of; be the last or concluding part of; "This sad scene ended the movie"