- 更多例句： 下一页
- He saw the locomotive bearing down on him .
- The wheels were set further back on the original locomotive .
- Through the tumult the locomotives whistled and hissed .
- The 5-ft driving wheels looked just like those of the ordinary locomotive except for the tyres .
- The first locomotive that tried to cross the lake fell through the ice and plunged to the bottom .
- a wheeled vehicle consisting of a self-propelled engine that is used to draw trains along railway tracks
同义词：engine, locomotive engine, railway locomotive
- of or relating to locomotion
A locomotive or engine is a railway vehicle that provides the motive power for a train. The word originates from the Latin loco ? "from a place", ablative of locus, "place" + Medieval Latin motivus, "causing motion", and is a shortened form of the term locomotive engine, first used in the early 19th century to distinguish between mobile and stationary steam engines.