- The incubation period usually is 8 to 14 days .
- The period after supper was given over to games .
- The school day is divided into seven periods .
- In the slack period mr. baker came in .
- The period of waiting was not limitless .
- a punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations; "in England they call a period a stop"
同义词：point, full stop, stop, full point
- the monthly discharge of blood from the uterus of nonpregnant women from puberty to menopause; "the women were sickly and subject to excessive menstruation"; "a woman does not take the gout unless her menses be stopped"--Hippocrates; "the semen begins to appear in males and to be emitted at the same time of life that the catamenia begin to flow in females"--Aristotle
同义词：menstruation, menses, menstruum, catamenia, flow
- an amount of time; "a time period of 30 years"; "hastened the period of time of his recovery"; "Picasso''s blue period"
同义词：time period, period of time
- the end or completion of something; "death put a period to his endeavors"; "a change soon put a period to my tranquility"
- a unit of geological time during which a system of rocks formed; "ganoid fishes swarmed during the earlier geological periods"
- (ice hockey) one of three divisions into which play is divided in hockey games
- the interval taken to complete one cycle of a regularly repeating phenomenon