- They pitched in with contributions of money .
- The horizontal anger has a variable pitch .
- I pitched upon the very house that suited me ..
- Can a man touch pitch and not be defiled ?
- Men and women , old and young , all pitched in ...
- the action or manner of throwing something; "his pitch fell short and his hat landed on the floor"
- (baseball) the act of throwing a baseball by a pitcher to a batter
- abrupt up-and-down motion (as caused by a ship or other conveyance); "the pitching and tossing was quite exciting"
- an all-fours game in which the first card led is a trump
- a high approach shot in golf
- the property of sound that varies with variation in the frequency of vibration
- degree of deviation from a horizontal plane; "the roof had a steep pitch"
- promotion by means of an argument and demonstration
同义词：sales talk, sales pitch
- a vendor''s position (especially on the sidewalk); "he was employed to see that his paper''s news pitches were not trespassed upon by rival vendors"
- any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue
- set the level or character of; "She pitched her speech to the teenagers in the audience"
- set to a certain pitch; "He pitched his voice very low"
- lead (a card) and establish the trump suit
- hit (a golf ball) in a high arc with a backspin
- throw or hurl from the mound to the batter, as in baseball; "The pitcher delivered the ball"
- throw or toss with a light motion; "flip me the beachball"; "toss me newspaper"
同义词：flip, toss, sky
- erect and fasten; "pitch a tent"
- move abruptly; "The ship suddenly lurched to the left"
- heel over; "The tower is tilting"; "The ceiling is slanting"
同义词：cant, cant over, tilt, slant
- fall or plunge forward; "She pitched over the railing of the balcony"
- be at an angle; "The terrain sloped down"
- sell or offer for sale from place to place
同义词：peddle, monger, huckster, hawk, vend